|Winner of General Elections 2009 in Nagarkurnool is DR. MANDA JAGANNATH (INC)|
|Dr. Manda Jagannath||INC||Hand||H.NO.4-95 KONDAIRU (VILLAGE) ITIKYAL (MANDAL)||422745|
|Guvvala Balaraju||TRS||Car||H.NO.20-191 ACHAMPET (VILLAGE) ACHAMPET (MANDAL)||374978|
|Devani Satyanarayana||PRAP||Railway Engine||H.NO.3-36 CHUKKAIPALLY (VILLAGE) KOLLAPUR (MANDAL)||62216|
|Dr. T. Ratnakara||BJP||Lotus||PLOT NO.337 H.NO.3-221/A ROAD NO.12 PRAGATHI HILLS MEERPET HYDERABAD-79||49696|
|Sirigiri Mannem||IND||Road Roller||H.NO.6-30 NARSINGAIPALLY H/O THADIPARTHY (VILLAGE) GOPALPET (MANDAL)||36533|
|Hanumanthu||IND||Coconut||H.NO.9-41 REVULAPALLY (VILLAGE) DHAROOR (MANDAL)||20899|
|N. Kurumaiah||IND||Camera||H.NO.4-4 KONDRAOPALLY (VILLAGE) KODAIR (MANDAL)||15782|
|Tangirala Paramjothi||BSP||Elephant||H.NO.1-43 GANDHINAGAR BADEPALLY (VILLAGE) JADCHERLA (MANDAL)||11830|
|A.v. Shiva Kumar||IND||Gas Cylinder||H.NO.17-2-777/B14/F4 MADANNAPET COLONY HYDERABAD-59||7708|
|G. Vidyasagar||LSP||Whistle||DOOR NO 2-22-298/B/G5 BHAGYANAGAR COLONY KUKATPALLY RANGA REDDY (DISTRICT)||7225|
|S.p.ferry Roy||PPOI||Television||H.NO.9-95 CHURCH ROAD KOTHAKOTA||6575|
|Buddula Srinivas||IND||Almirah||CHINNA MADDUNUR (VILLAGE) KARVANGA (PO) TELKAPALLY (MANDAL)||5425|
|Anaposala Venkatesh||IND||Ring||MEENAMONIPALLY H/O CHOULAPALLY (VILLAGE) KESHAMPET (MANDAL)||3755|
DemographiesMales constitute 52% of the population and females 48%, as the people from many surrounding villages continuously migrating to Nagarkurnool for education and job opportunities the population is increasing day by day. Nagarkurnool has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 62%. In Nagarkurnool, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Temples or Places of worship
- Ramaswamy Temple—one of the oldest temples in the locality. A newly built TTD Kalyana mantapam is also on the premises of this well known temple. Famous for the Rama Navami and Krishnashtami festival celebrations. During the Sri Rama Navami festival the wedding ceremony of Lord Sri Rama and Seetha are performed every year.
- Hanuman Temple—located near the Nagar Kurnool Cheruvu (Man Made Lake). This is one of the ancient temples of the town.
- Saibaba Temple—renovated in 2003, inaugurated by Bhagwan Sri Sathya Saibaba of Puttaparthy himself. Members of Nagar Kurnool Sathya Sai Seva Samithi are highly devoted and actively involved in social service, such as ennabling rural women in handicrafts, providing tools and vocational training to unemployed youth, conducting medical camps for the poor and needy in and around the town, training in hygiene, adopting and maintaining cleanliness in villages, etc.
- Shivalayam—located opposite the main Post office.
- Kanyaka Parameswari Temple—Elegant Temple dedicated to Lordess Kanyaka Parameshwari and Lord Shiva. This temple is built by Arya Vysya community.
- Subramanya Swami Temple—located in Erragadda.
- Santoshi Maatha Place of Worship—located in Santha Bazar in Sri Sambu Ramesh residence. Hindu women celebrate Santoshi Maatha prayers on Fridays.
- Bala Yesu Mandiram—located in the premises of Little Flower High School and operated by a Christian organisation.
- Ayappa temple—located behind housing board colony. This is a newly-built temple.
- Hanuman Temple—located in Indranagarcolaney, Sripur Road. This is a new temple.
- Jamia Masjid
- Meraj Masjid
- Mahfuz bin Mahfuz Masjid
- Moosa Masjid
- Santha Bazar—this is downtown from the Nagar Kurool.
- Market Yard—
- Main Road—
- New Bus Stand—major shopping complexes, restaurants and recreation are available near New Bus Stand center.
- TTD Kalyana mantapamu
- Sowbhagya Reddy Gardens
- Padma Nayaka Velama Sanghamu
- Vasavi Kalyana Mantapamu
How to go Nagarkurnool
- Nagarkurnool is about 120 km from Hyderabad, so this is easily accessible by road, there are two main road ways to reach, one is through Srisailam highway via Kalwakurthy (80 km) then Medipur road (32 km), another is through NH-7 until Jadcherla (79 km), then Nagarkurnool Road (39 km).
- Nagarkurnool is just 86 km from the new Shamshabad International airportlink title.
Persons to be remembered
- Achyutha Reddy: worked as a state Revenue minister, who was elected from Kodangal in 1950's, belongs to Nagarkurnool area.
- Dr. Janardhan Reddy Nagam: considered one of the well known politician in AP, has worked in different departments such as Civil supplies, Health and Drought minister.
- Narayan Goud Vanga: elected as MLA 3 times
- lingamoorthy Kapilavayi: renowned poet and author of many books.
- Mohan Goud Vanga: Ex- MLA and son of Narayan goud Vanga
- Manda Jagannath : present member of parliament elected from Nagarkurnool
- Subramanya shastri: founder and trustee of Degree college in Palem, developed Palem village.
Some Informations has been taken from Wikipedia
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its Lok Sabha election manifesto on Friday in New Delhi promising to deal with the scourge of terror with an iron hand and also announced a host of populist measures if voted to power. The Bharatiya...
Congress MP and Bollywood actor Govinda is not seeking a ticket from Mumbai North constituency for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. The BJP has fielded former union minister Ram Naik from the same constituency. Bollywood actor-MP Govinda will not stand for...
The Election commission on Monday announced dates for the 15th Lok Sabha elections , which will be held in five phases from April 16 to May 13. Lok Sabha poll schedule: 1st phase: April 16, 2009 (124 seats) 2nd phase: April 23, 2009(141...