|Winner of General Elections 2009 in Nalgonda is GUTHA SUKENDER REDDY (INC)|
|Gutha Sukender Reddy||INC||Hand||H.NO.6-4-114 NAGARJUNA COLONY NALGONDA NALGONDA||493849|
|Suravaram Sudhakar Reddy||CPI||Ears of Corn And Sickle||H.NO.1-1-298/J/401 JANAPRIYA PARADISE STREET NO-1 ASHOK NAGAR HYDERABAD - 20 HYDERABAD||340867|
|Paduri Karuna||PRAP||Railway Engine||H.NO.1-2-227/87/33 KRISHNA COLONY SURYAPET SURYAPET||150275|
|Vedire Sriram Reddy||BJP||Lotus||H.NO.2-5-123 NAKKALA GUTTA HANUMA KONDA 506001 WARANGAL DIST. A.P HANUMA KONDA||22590|
|A. Nageshwar Rao||PPOI||Television||H.NO.2-22-1-16/203 ALLURI RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX BHAGYA NAGAR COLONY KUKATPALLY RANGAREDDY DIST. HYDERABAD||12437|
|Marry Nehemiah||IND||Road Roller||H.NO.1-8-45/A CHURCH COMPOUND SURYAPET SURYAPET||11722|
|Shaik Ahmed||IND||Kite||H.NO.6-2-128/B NEAR GANESH TEMPLE VANASTHALI PURAM COLONY HYDERABAD HYDERABAD||10687|
|Bolusani Krishnaiah||IND||Camera||H.NO.LIG-II-103 APHB COLONY MIRYALAGUDA MIRYALAGUDA||9489|
|Nazeeruddin||BSP||Elephant||H.NO.8-1-728 RTC COLONY NALGONDA NALGONDA||9371|
|K.v.srinivasa Charyulu||IND||Nagara||H.NO.18-192/D TEACHERS COLONY HUZURNAGAR NALGONDA DISTRICT HUZURNAGAR||4401|
|Daida Lingaiah||IND||Gas Cylinder||NAMAVARAM VILLAGE MOTHEY MANDAL NALGONDA DIST. NAMAVARAM MOTHEY MANDAL||3837|
|Yalagandula Ramu||IND||Coconut||H.NO.1-4-249/18 M.G. ROAD SURYAPET SURYAPET||3778|
|Bolla Karunakar||IND||Batsman||H.NO.2-8 YARKARAM VILLAGE SURYAPET MANDAL YARKARAM SURYAPET MANDAL||2920|
|Md. Nazeemuddin||IND||Ring||H.NO.7-2-93/A PANAGAL NALGONDA NALGONDA||2475|
GeographyNalgonda is located at . it has an average elevation of 421 metres (1381 feet). The history of Nalgonda dates back to the Palaeolithic age. On the basis of the gradual evolution of the lithic material, the pre-historic period is studied under the following heads.
Palaeolithic AgeDuring this period, people fashioned tools and weapons by chipping hard stones of convenient size and shape. This feature is testified by the findings of unifacial Palaeolithic implements of the Soan type at Yeleshwaram.
Neolithic AgeTraces of Neolithic culture were found at Chota Yelupu, where sling stones and other objects of interest were unearthed. The existence of Megalithic culture was revealed by the discovery of innumerable burials at various places like Tipparti, Nakrekal, Nalgonda etc.
Mauryas and Satavahanas (230 BCE - 218 BCE)The political history of the district commences with the Mauryas. Mauryas, during the reign of Asoka the Great held their sway over this region. Later the region came under the overlordship of the Satavahanas who ruled between 230 BCE - 218 BCE. It was during this period the region established trade contacts with the Roman empire.
Ikshvakus (227 - 306)The Ikshvakus attained control over the region and ruled with their capital Vijayapuri. During this period Sakas and tled in this region. Buddhism flourished during this period.
Pallavas and VishnukundinisAfter the Ikshvakus, Pallavas and Vishnukundins fought for supremacy over the region. Luck favoured the Vishnukundins in the form of Samudragupta's invasion of the South. Vishnukundins ruled from first quarter of the fifth century to the first decade of the seventh century. Later Kubja Vishnuvardhana ruled this territory with Vengi as his capital.
RashtrakutasA major portion of the district appears to have passed from the Chalukyas of Badami to the Rashtrakutas. Rashtrakutas fell in 973 and gave room to the Chalukyas of Kalyani. The sway of the Chalukyas continued until the end of the 12th century.
Medieval periodThe district passed under the control of the Kakatiyas from the western Chalukyas. During Prataparudra's time the kingdom was annexed to the Tughluq empire in 1323. During Muhammad bin Tughluq's period, Musunuri chief Kapayanayaka ceded a part of Nalgonda to Ala-ud-din Hasan Bahman Shah. Later the region came under the rule of Recherlas of Rachakonda and Devarakonda. During Ahmad Shah I's period the region was annexed to Bahmani kingdom. Jalal Khan in 1455 declared himself king at Nalgonda, but it was a shortlived affair. The region was brought back to the Bahmani kingdom.
QutubshahiDuring the time of the Bahmani Sultan Shihabud-din Mahmun Sultan Quli was appointed as tarafdar of Telangana. From him the region was taken by his son Jamshid. Later the district remained under the control of Qutub Shahis until 1687.
Modern Period: Mughals and Asaf JahisNizam-ul-Mulk (Asaf Jah I) defeated Mubasiz Khan at Shaker Khere in Berar and ruled the Deccan in an autonomous capacity. This district, like the other districts of Telangana, passed under the Asaf Jahis and remained under them for a period of nearly two hundred and twenty five years.
DemographicsAs of 2001[update] India census, Nalgonda had a population of 110,651. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Nalgonda has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 72%. In Nalgonda, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
TransportNalgonda is a major railway station on the Guntur-Secunderabad line. It falls under the Guntur division of South Central Railway. 6 pairs of express trains halt here which connect the town to Howrah, Chennai and Hyderabad. National Highway 9 passes through Nalgonda dist from Hyderabad to Vijayawada via Suryapet.
Fluoride ProblemExcess fluoride has turned the ground water into a slow poison especially in rural areas of nalgonda dist.885 villages and 600,000 people are affected and 10,000 people are totally crippled.Plans to bring clean water from the river Krishna are under way at a cost of 12 billion rupees.
Places of interest
- Yadagiri gutta:The Yadagiri Gutta which is most devotional place in Nalgonda is located near to Bhongir, It is close to Hyderabad,the capital city and the APSRTC runs many buses to the temple town from Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station. The temple draws huge crowds,especially during vacations and on weekends...This is the Place of worship for lord Laxmi Narasimha Swami.
- Mattapalli:One of the famous devotional places in A.P is also in Nalgonda dist.
- Nandikonda: a small village on the bank of the Krishna River where several Buddhist structures like monasteries and pillared halls were unearthed and preserved in a museum of the Central Archeological Department.
- Panagal: a village near Nalgonda. There are several ancient temples built under the reign of the Kakatiya and Reddy kings. There is an archeological museum which has several interesting artifacts.
- Vaadapalli:This is famous for its bridge and also called 'Triveni sangamam' where three rivers Krishna, godavari and moosi meet.
- Nagarjuna sagar: This is famous Dam in south india with 26 gates and electricity plant.There is also nice waterfalls located here called 'Ethipothala' and gowthama buddha museum.
More about Nalgonda
- Nalgonda dist. is famous for cement factories like Vishnu, priya, raasi etc and Sudhakar polymer pipes.
- Suryapet, Miryalguda and Thirumalagiri are famous Trading and Business centers in Nalgonda dist.
- Nalgonda dist. has got highest number of engineering colleges apart from Ranga reddy dist in the state of andhra pradesh.
- Pochampalli sarees which are famous in India are from nalgonda dist.
- Tollywood actors Jaya Prakash(JP-Vilan), Venumadhav, Uttej and lyricist Sudhala Ashok Teja are from Nalgonda dist.
- Transport facility is very good from nalgonda to anywhere,both railway and Roadway. Nearest Airport Shamshabad is just 110 km away.
- St.Alphonsus High School: English and Telugu Medium from L.K.G to X class co-ed is located in an area of 20 acres (81,000 m2) in the DVK road.
- Alpha Public School: English and Telugu Medium from L.K.G to X class co-ed is located in center of Nalgonda.
- Aurobindo Public School : CBSE | English Medium | L.K.G to X class co-ed.| Established 1987,Nalgonda.
- Nalgonda Public School: CBSE | English Medium |L.K.G to X class co-ed.
- VIDYA GRAMMAR HIGH SCHOOL:English and Telugu Medium from L.K.G to X class co-ed|Established in 1985.
- ST MARY's HIGH SCHOOL:English Medium from L.K.G to X class co-ed.
- Little Flower Vignana Mandir: English and Telugu Medium from L.K.G to X class for girls is located in the center of the town.
Prominent Degree Colleges
- Nagarjuna College (NG College)
- Ragavendra College
- Kakatiya College
- Nalgonda College
- Alpha College
- Saptapadhi College
Prominent Junior Colleges
- APRJC @ Nagarjuna Sagar
- Gouthami Junior College
- Triveni Junior College
- Nagarjuna Junior College
- Pragathi Junior College
- Aurobindo Junior College
- Alpha Junior college
Some Informations has been taken from Wikipedia
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its Lok Sabha election manifesto on Friday in New Delhi promising to deal with the scourge of terror with an iron hand and also announced a host of populist measures if voted to power. The Bharatiya...
Congress MP and Bollywood actor Govinda is not seeking a ticket from Mumbai North constituency for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. The BJP has fielded former union minister Ram Naik from the same constituency. Bollywood actor-MP Govinda will not stand for...
The Election commission on Monday announced dates for the 15th Lok Sabha elections , which will be held in five phases from April 16 to May 13. Lok Sabha poll schedule: 1st phase: April 16, 2009 (124 seats) 2nd phase: April 23, 2009(141...