BJP’s prime ministerial candidate L K Advani said if NDA is voted to power, it will make Multi-purpose National Identity Cards mandatory, provide laptops to students at Rs 10,000 and give free mobile phones to people below poverty line.
BJP launched its IT Vision Document that promises a lot to address the burning issues. The party, which takes credit for the IT Revolution during 1998 – 2004, has promised to create 12 million jobs in rural India, if comes to power. The BJP has also promised to spend Rs. 2 trillion (Rs 200,000 crore) over a period of five years as part of its IT Vision.
Key features of BJP’s IT Vision Document:
* 12 million (1.2 crore) IT jobs will be created in Rural India
* Free telephone connections to BPL card holders
* Every village in the country will be connected by Internet
* All students will be given laptops at just Rs. 10,000 each
* Strengthen e-banking facility
* Roll out unrestricted VoIP for making cheap long-distance calls
* Offer Health Insurance Scheme for all using the IT platform
* Multi-purpose National Identity Card
* Support Open Source Software