|Winner of General Elections 2009 in Narsapuram is BAPIRAJU KANUMURU (INC)|
|Bapiraju Kanumuru||INC||Hand||Ai Bhimavaram Akiveedu Mandal West Godavari Dist||389422|
|Thota Sita Rama Lakshmi||TDP||Bicycle||26-9-65/1 Ward No.31 Bhimavaram -2||274732|
|Gubbala Tammaiah||PRAP||Railway Engine||D.No. 3-4-4/1 28th Ward Tanuku 534211||267058|
|Manorama Sanku||LSP||Whistle||D.No.34-20-3 Bommala Veedhi Tanuku West Godavari Dist||13972|
|Bhupathiraju Srinivasa Varma||BJP||Lotus||7-7-22/6 4th Ward Narasayya Agraharam Bhimavaram -3||11941|
|Alluri Yugandhara Raju||PPOI||Television||2-20-4 Sivarao Peta Bhimavaram Pin 534202||9369|
|Kalidindi Viswanadha Raju||BSP||Elephant||B-88 Madhura Nagar Yousufguda Hyderabad -500038||8944|
|Kalidindi Bhimaraju||IND||Nagara||34-9-2 Somanchi vari veedhi Near Padmasri Talkies Tanuku W.G.||7007|
|Navundru Rajendra Prasad||BHSASP||Bread||D.No.3-174 Gollavanitippa Village Bhimavaram Mandal||6010|
|M V R Raju||RDMP||Gas Stove||D.No.5-127 Block No.6 Rajpalem Komaragiripatnam Allavaram Mandal East Godavari Dist||2494|
DemographicsAs of 2001[update] India census,Narsapur had a population of 58,508. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Narsapur has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 71%. In Narsapur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
CultureThe town is a blend of rustic charm and modern amenities. Narsapur has a unique culture which has been influenced by the many communities that have made it their home. Narsapur is quite the cosmopolitan town with peoples of various ethnic groups and faiths living in it. Predominantly Hindu, the town also has a large Christian population. The town has been a major centre for the Lutheran missionary activity in the 18th century. It is famous for its lace industry. Many families from this town have greatly benefitted from the lace industry.
Tourist AttractionsCool climate and allweather condition previaled allows you to visit Narsapur at any time during the year. Antarvedi nearby Narsapuram (7 km) is an important vishnava temple(narasimha temple), must to visit. During February, there is a rathasaptami celebrated here in the temple which is famous surrounding the villages. Thousands of people visit the temple during this festival and make a holy dip in the Sea. Velankani Maatha temple situated 12 km from Narsapur at Perupalem Beech, is the second tallest church in the South India after Velankani Maatha temple at Nagappatinam, Tamilnadu. Perupalem Beech is worth to see and feel the glorance in bathing in sea waters. During Karthika Maasa (that is from November to December) lot of Hindu Piligrims visit this place and make vanabhojanalu and make a holy dip in sea. The congruence place of mingling mighty River Godavari in the Bangla Sea is situated 8 km from Narsapur. In the Town itself, we can watch two old and glorious churches built during the British Period. Kovela temple built by Tamil Brahmins is a big vishnava temple and worth to watch.
Lace industryNarsapur is famous for the crochet lace products. The cluster is having around 50 exporters who are exporting to various countries. The cluster is having around 2 lakh women artisans doing the lace work. The cluster is located in and around Narsapur, Andhra Pradesh, India, in various villages like Sitarmpiuram, Palkol, Venkatrayapalem, Antarvedi, Royapeta, Mogaltur, etc. The cluster is specialised in doing the lace works like dollies, furnishings, garments, tablemats, etc.
- Lace is an art of stitching lace threads to form door mats, decorative articles, bags etc. This forms the primary livelihood for poor rural folk. Many lace businessmen with business deals with Australia, UK & US have origins in Narsapur.
- There are few rice mills, ice factories situated in this town. Aqua culture and fisheries are other industries.
- Narsapur is the centre of education for all the surrounding villages and smaller towns. There are two engineering colleges with in a radius of 25 km. There are many Arts & Science colleges (government and private) in the town.
- The government is considering a plan to construct a bridge across the river Godavari which would connect the town to East Godavari(district). This would greatly increase business in town.
- The town has trains connecting it to the major cities in the state.The Narsapur Express connecting the town to the capital Hyderabad is a part of the town's daily life. It is also connected to Vizag and Tirupati.
- Chiranjeevi, Krishnamraju, Bapu (famous cine artists) were born here.
- Revolutionist Sri Alluri Seeta Rama Raju,Madhva raj studied in Taylor High School., Narsapur.
- Freedom Fighter Sri Chilakamarthi Lakshmi Narasimham Studied in Mission High School, Narsapur.
- Gandham Adinarayana murthy famous cine&drama artist is also from Narsapur.
Injustice to the Town
- Narasapur town lacked proper developemtnt in the fields of business, mainly due to the greed or negligence of the politicians. Narsapur was ideal choice for construction of Vasista bridge on Gadavari river, but the bridge location shifted 7 km away from Narsapur by the influence of politicians who were enjoying power in those days. As a result Palakol developed to a considerable extent. The life of petty businessmen in the Town became miserable after the floating population started travelling via Palakol. Major delay in the construction of Municipal shopping complex added more owes to the local vendors.
- Narsapur is both Assembly and Parliamentary Constituency. But nobody in power has shown interest in lifting the town. Only during the last Gadavari pushkaram some roads were built, that too in the disguise of election campaign.
- The current government is making a promise to construct a bridge in Narsapur, which seems to be more political stunt than a reality come true as next elections are nearing.
- Moreover the central government is showing no interest in Kotipalli-Narsapur Railway line. Every year one can find a single line in Railway budget to study this project, but nothing materalized till now.
- So far the town had seen many MPs, many times MLA who negelected the Constituency.
Members of Parliament
|Lok Sabha||Duration||Name of M.P.||Party Affiliation|
|Second||1957-62||Uddaraju Ramam||Communist Party of India|
|Third||1962-67||D. Balaramaraju||Indian National Congress|
|Fourth||1967-71||D. B. Raju||Indian National Congress|
|Fifth||1971-77||M. T. Raju||Indian National Congress|
|Sixth||1977-80||Subhash Chandra Bose Alluri||Indian National Congress|
|Seventh||1980-84||Subhash Chandra Bose Alluri||Indian National Congress|
|Eighth||1984-89||Bhupathiraju Vijayakumar Raju||Telugu Desam Party|
|Ninth||1989-91||Bhupathiraju Vijayakumar Raju||Telugu Desam Party|
|Tenth||1991-96||Bhupathiraju Vijayakumar Raju||Telugu Desam Party|
|Eleventh||1996-98||[[Kothapalli Subbarayudu]||Telugu Desam Party|
|Twelfth||1998-99||Kanumuri Bapiraju||Indian National Congress|
|Thirteenth||1999-04||Venkata Krishnam Raju Uppalapati||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Fourteenth||2004-Incumbent||Chegondi Venkata Harirama Jogaiah||Indian National Congress|
- Swarnandhra College of Engineering and Technology (scet)
- Sri Ramakrishna educational academy
- Mission High School
- Sri Yerramilli Narayanamurthy College
- Flaiz Memorial Seventhday Adventisit High School
- Taylor High School
- BGBS Women's College
- Gautami Junior College
- Sunshine School
- Sri Nukala Somasundaram Municipal High School
- J Sikile High School
- Vasista School
- Peechupalem High School
- kvjenglish medium high school
- Mission english medium school
- Rustumbada municipal high school
Some Informations has been taken from Wikipedia
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its Lok Sabha election manifesto on Friday in New Delhi promising to deal with the scourge of terror with an iron hand and also announced a host of populist measures if voted to power. The Bharatiya...
Congress MP and Bollywood actor Govinda is not seeking a ticket from Mumbai North constituency for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. The BJP has fielded former union minister Ram Naik from the same constituency. Bollywood actor-MP Govinda will not stand for...
The Election commission on Monday announced dates for the 15th Lok Sabha elections , which will be held in five phases from April 16 to May 13. Lok Sabha poll schedule: 1st phase: April 16, 2009 (124 seats) 2nd phase: April 23, 2009(141...